1. Martins IJ. Appetite Control and Core Body Temperature are Linked to Autoimmune Disease and the Global Chronic Disease Epidemic. Enliven: Immunol Immunotechnol. 2019;3(e1):001-009. 2. Martins IJ. BODY TEMPERATURE REGULATION DETERMINES IMMUNE REACTIONS AND SPECIES LONGEVITY. Heat Shock Proteins in Neuroscience, 2019, Vol. 20, (Eds) Alexzander A. A. Asea and Punit Kaur. 2019. ISBN 978-3-030-24284-8. 3. Martins IJ. Heat, diet and lifestyles control longevity in animals and man. Atlas of Science. Another view on Science. https://atlasofscience.org/heat-diet-and-lifestyles-controllongevity-in-animals-and-man
4. E. Hone, F. Lim, Ian J Martins. Fat and Lipid Metabolism and the Involvement of Apolipoprotein E in Alzheimer's Disease. In book: Neurodegeneration and Alzheimer's Disease. May 2019 5. Martins IJ. Infection control in Medicine with Relevance to Mitophagy and Organ Survival. Acta Scientific Pharmaceutical Sciences. 3.11, 2019.
6. Martins IJ. Human survival and immune mediated mitophagy in neuroplasticity disorders. Neural Regeneration Research. 2019;14:4, 735 7. Martins IJ. Appetite Regulation and the Peripheral Sink Amyloid beta Clearance Pathway in Diabetes and Alzheimer’s Disease. Top 10 Commentaries in Alzheimer’s Disease (e-book). 2019;2:1-11. www.avidscience.com
8. Martins IJ. Inactivation of Endoplasmic Reticulum stress and the prevention of Neurodegenerative diseases. Research and Reveiws: Neuroscience. 2018;2(2):22-25. 9. Martins IJ. Early Diagnosis and Nutritional Treatment stabilizes Neuropsychiatric Disorders. Global Journal of Medical 10. Martins IJ. Antibiotic use and Nuclear Receptor Inactivation linked to Mitophagy in Diabetes and Chronic Diseases. Journal of Diabetes and Clinical Studies. 2018;2(1):1-3. 11. Martins IJ. Simplicity in complexity: Ian James Martins’ research on insulin therapy and autoimmune disease with a special focus on NAFLD. The Scientific News, Advances in Treating Diseases. November Edition, 2018; REPORTED BY Annie B. Coulter. RECEIVED BY WORLDWIDE AUDIENCE: 84,287,977, 2019. 12. Martins IJ. Insulin Therapy and Autoimmune Disease with Relevance to Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. An Update. IntechOpen. 2018. 978-1-83962-870-2.
13. Martins IJ. Advances in Aging and Health Research. Scientific Research Publishing, Inc. ISBN: 978-1-61896-569-1
14. Martins IJ. Scientific Nutritional Health and Global Chronic Disease. Scientific Media. New Distribution Report. 2018;443:1-3
15. Martins IJ (2018) S Brain Stimulation Therapies in Neuropsychiatric and Neurodegenerative Diseases. Int J Genom Data Min: IJGD-127. Vol 2018, 02.
16. Martins IJ. Increased Risk for Obesity and Diabetes with Neurodegeneration in Developing Countries. Top 10 Contribution on Genetics. Chapter 1, EBook. 2018. www.avid.science.com
17. Martins IJ. Bacterial Lipopolysaccharides and Neuron Toxicity in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Neurology Research and Surgery. 2018; 1(1): 1-3.
18. Martins IJ. Heat shock protein aggregation and chronic kidney disease. Research on Chronic Diseases. 2018;2(1): 42-44.
19. Martins IJ. Diet, Drug and Inhibitor Therapy Prevent Toxic Protein Aggregation in Various Species. Acta Scientific Nutritional Health. 2(8);2018:01-03.
20. Martins IJ. Genomic Medicine and Endocrine Autoimmunity as Key to Mitochondrial Disease. Glob J Endocrinol Metab .2(2). GJEM.000534.2018.
21. Martins IJ. Anti-Aging Gene linked to Appetite Regulation Determines Longevity in Humans and Animals. International Journal of Aging Research. 2018,1(6): 1-4. 22. Martins IJ. Heat Shock Gene Inactivation and Protein Aggregation with Links to Chronic Diseases. Diseases. 2018, 6;39:1-5. 23. Martins IJ. Electroconvulsive Therapy and Heat Shock Gene Inactivation in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Ann Neurodegener Dis. 2018, 3(1): 1028. 24. Martins IJ. Appetite Control and Biotherapy in the Management of Autoimmune Induced Global Chronic Diseases. J Clin Immunol Res. 2018; 2(1): 1-4. 25. Martins, I.J. (2018) Indian Spices and Biotherapeutics in Health
and Chronic Disease. Health, 10, 374-380.
26. Martins IJ. Genomic Medicine and Acute Cardiovascular Disease Progression in Diabetes. International Journal of Medical Studies. 2018;3(1): 124-130.
27. Martins IJ. Biotherapy and the Immune System in Ageing Science. Acta Scientific Nutritional Health 2.4 (2018): 29-31.
28. Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - Molecular Bases, Prevention and Treatment, InTech - open science | open minds ISBN 978-953-51-3924-9.
29. Martins IJ. Sirtuin 1, a Diagnostic Protein Marker and its Relevance to Chronic Disease and Therapeutic Drug Interventions”. EC Pharmacology and Toxicology 6.4 (2018): 209-215.
30. Martins IJ. Advances in Biomarkers and Insulin Therapy with Relevance to Reversal of Diabetes. Journal of Studies on Diabetes 2018; 1(1): 9-14.
31. Martins RN, Villemagne V, Sohrabi HR, Chatterjee P, Shah TM, Verdile G, Fraser P, Taddei K, Gupta VB, Rainey-Smith SR, Hone E, Pedrini S, Lim WL, Martins I, Frost S, Gupta S, O'Bryant S, Rembach A, Ames D, Ellis K, Fuller SJ, Brown B, Gardener SL, Fernando B, Bharadwaj P, Burnham S, Laws SM, Barron AM, Goozee K, Wahjoepramono EJ, Asih PR, Doecke JD, Salvado O, Bush AI, Rowe CC, Gandy SE, Masters CL. Alzheimer's Disease: A Journey from Amyloid Peptides and Oxidative Stress, to Biomarker Technologies and Disease Prevention Strategies-Gains from AIBL and DIAN Cohort Studies. J Alzheimers Dis. 2018;62(3):965-992
32. Martins IJ. Indian Spices and Insulin Therapy in Diabetes and Neurodegenerative Diseases.J Diab Clin Stud. 2018; Volume 33. Martins IJ. Regulation of Body Temperature and NAFLD in Global Population. Feb 2018. Asian Hospital and Healthcare Management e-Newsletter. https://www.asianhhm.com/.../regulation-of-bodytemperature-and-nafld-in-global-po... 34. Martins IJ. Evaluation of diagnostic tests in human health and disease. J Clin Path Lab Med. 2018;2(1):13-15.
35. Martins IJ. Indian spices and Caffeine treatment for Obesity and Cardiovascular disease. Ann Clin Endocrinol Metabol. 2018; 2: 010-014
36. Martins IJ. Food Quality and Advances in Pharmacological Management Prevent Mitochondrial Apoptosis and Epilepsy Induced Stroke. Research and Reveiws: Neuroscience. 2018;2:7-9.
37. Martins IJ. Genomic medicine and acute cardiovascular disease progression in diabetes. Res Chron Dis (2018) 2(1), 001–003.
38. Martins IJ. Indian Spices and Unhealthy Diets interfere with Drug Therapy in Diabetes and Neurodegenerative Diseases. NAPDD 002 2018; 3(4):555616.
39. Martins IJ. Antimicrobial Drugs and Bacterial Amyloid Peptide Induce Toxic Manifestations in Chronic Diseases. EC Pharmacology and Toxicology 6.1 (2018): 01-04.
40. Martins IJ. Appetite Control and Nutrigenomic Diets are Connected to Immune Regulation and Diabetes Prevention. EC Nutrition 12.3 (2017): 120-123.
41. Martins IJ. The Future of Biomarkers Tests and Genomic Medicine in Global Organ Disease. Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. 2017; 1(1): 1-6.
42. Martins IJ. Antibiotic Resistance Involves Antimicrobial Inactivation in Global Communities. SAJ Pharma Pharmacol 2017;2: 102.
43. Martins IJ. Insulin Therapy Inactivation is connected to NAFLD and Diabetes Severity Index. J Diab Clin Stud. 2017; 1: 001003.
44. Martins IJ. The Limitations of Food Intake and Biomarkers in the Prevention of Chronic Diseases. Nov Tech Nutri Food Sci. 1(1).NTNF.000502. 2017.
45. Martins IJ. Caffeine with Links to NAFLD and Accelerated Brain Aging. Chapter: Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - Molecular Bases, Prevention and Treatment. InTech - Open Science Open Minds | InTechOpen. 2017. 46. Martins IJ. Functional Foods and Active molecules with relevance to Health and Chronic disease: Editorial. Functional Foods in Health and Disease 2017; 7(10): 833-836. 47. Martins IJ. Apelin and Sirtuin 1 dysregulation induce Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders in Chronic disease. 1 (1) GJEM 000501. 2017.
48. Martins IJ. Genomic Medicine and Management of Genetic Disorders. J Genet Disord. 2017; Vol. 1 No.1: 06.
49. Martins IJ. Biomarker Tests and Ageing Science. Ageing Sci Ment Health Stud. 2017; 1(1): 1–2. 50. Martins IJ. Autoimmune disease and mitochondrial dysfunction in chronic diseases. Res Chron Dis (2017) 1(1).
51. Martins IJ. Antimicrobial activity inactivation and toxic immune reactions induce Epilepsy in human. J Med Discov (2017);2(4):jmd17040.
52. Martins IJ (2017) Single Gene Inactivation with Implications to Diabetes and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome. J Clin Epigenet. Vol. 3 No. 3:24. 53. Martins IJ. Regulation of Core Body Temperature and the Immune System Determines Species Longevity. Curr Updates Gerontol. (2017) 1: 6.1 54. Martins IJ. Heat Therapy With Relevance to the Reversal of
NAFLD and Diabetes. J Diabetes Metab Disord. 2017; 4: 018.
55. Martins IJ. Inactivation of Anti-Aging Genes is Related to Defective Drug Metabolism in Diabetes. Int J Drug Disc. 2017; 1:003.
56. Martins IJ. Dietary Interventions Reverse Insulin and Synaptic Plasticity Defects Linking to Diabetes and Neurodegenerative Diseases. SL Nutrition and Metabolism. 2017; 1:111:1-5.
57. Martins IJ. Magnesium deficiency and induction of NAFLD and Type 3 diabetes in Australasia. AMJ 2017;10(3):235-237.
58. Martins IJ. Avasimibe and Sirt 1 Activators Reverse NAFLD and Obesity. Nov Appro Drug Des Dev. 2017; 1(3) : 555561. 59. Martins IJ. Defective Interplay between Adipose Tissue and Immune System Induces Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Updates Nutr Disorders Ther. 2017; 1: 3.1 60. Martins IJ. Bacterial LPS Overrides Adenosine Treatment of Epileptic Seizures. EC Microbiology 7.3 (2017): 83-86. 61. Martins IJ. Sirtuin 1 and Adenosine in Brain Disorder Therapy. J Clin Epigenet. 2017, 3:1.
62. Martins IJ. Caffeine Consumption and Induction of Obesity in the Developed World. Ann Obes Disord. 2017; 2(1): 1018.
63. Martins IJ. Nutrigenomic Diets and Caffeine Determines the Intelligence Quotient and Thinking in Developing Countries. Research and Reveiws: Neuroscience. 2017.1:2.
64. Martins IJ. Nutrition Therapy Regulates Caffeine Metabolism with Relevance to NAFLD and Induction of Type 3 Diabetes. J Diabetes Metab Disord. 2017; 4: 019.
65. Martins IJ. Dietary Interventions Reverse Insulin and Synaptic Plasticity Defects Linking to Diabetes and Neurodegenerative Diseases. Updates Nutr Disorders Ther. 2017; 1: 4.1.
66. Martins IJ. Apelinergic System Defects with Relevance to Mental Disorders in Diabetes. World J Psychiatry Ment Health Res. 2017; 1(1): 1001.
67. Martins IJ. The Future of Genomic Medicine Involves the Maintenance of Sirtuin 1 in Global Populations. Int J Mol Biol . 2017. 2(1): 00013.
68. Martins IJ. Calorie Sensitive Anti-Aging Gene Regulates Hepatic Amyloid Beta Clearance in Diabetes and Neurodegenerative Diseases”. EC Nutrition ECO.01 (2017): 30-32.
69. Martins IJ. Heat Shock Gene Dysregulation and Inactivation of Drug Therapy. EC Pharmacology and Toxicology. ECO.01 (2017): 13-15.
70. Martins IJ. Drug-Drug Interactions with Relevance to Drug Induced Mitochondrial Toxicity and Accelerated Global Chronic Diseases. EC Pharmacology and Toxicology 3.1 (2017): 18-21.
71. Martins IJ. Food and Nutrition cause liver and brain diseases ... - Atlas of Science: Another Veiw on Sciencehttps://atlasofscience.org/food-and-nutrition-causeliver-and-brain-diseases-with-diabe... Mar 11, 2016 -
72. Martins IJ. Early diagnosis of neuron mitochondrial dysfunction may reverse global metabolic and neurodegenerative disease. Global Journal of Medical Research.. 2016;2: 1-8.
B.Sc. 1984 University of Western Australia M.Sc. 1986 University of Western Australia Ph.D. 1989 University of Western Australia
Jan 2003 – present: Senior Researcher Edith Cowan University, School of Medical Sciences Centre of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease Research and Care Sarich Neuroscience Research Institute Edith Cowan University 8 Verdun Street, Nedlands 6009. Western Australia, Australia
Type 3 diabetes in the global epidemic is intertwined with neurodegeneration and central to nutritional therapy and organ suicide. GOOGLE SEARCH Ian James Martins with relevance to diabetes, organ suicide and neurodegeneration
Jan 2001 – Present: Adjunct Senior Research Fellow, University of Western Australia, Dept of Psychiatry and Neurogenetics, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
The NAFLD epidemic in diabetes indicates bacterial lipopolysaccharides (LPS) to induce neurodegerative disease. Healthy diets/drug therapy reduce plasma LPS levels with reversal of NAFLD and aging in global populations.
Jan 1990-2000: Principal Scientist and Research Fellow, Department of Physiology, University of Western Australia, Stirling Highway, Nedlands 6009, Western Australia, Australia
HONORS AND AWARDS
SEMANTIC SCHOLAR now lists 133 HIGHLY INFLUENTIAL CITATIONS and identifies the most important papers and connections between them.
PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON RESEARCHGATE APPROX. 400 IMPORTANT ACHIEVEMENTS HAVE BEEN TRANSMITTED AND COLLECTED BY TWEET: Ian James Martins (@IanJamesMartin2) | Twitter https://twitter.com/IanJamesMartin2
A. Top 10 contributions in Genetics: Increased Risk for Obesity and Diabetes with Neurodegeneration in Developing Countries. Chapter 1, EBook. 2018. www.avid.science.com
B. Top 10 commentaries in Alzheimer’s disease: Appetite Regulation and the Peripheral Sink Amyloid beta Clearance Pathway in Diabetes and Alzheimer’s Disease. EBook. 2019;2:1-11. www.avid.science.com
Research Activity Statistics have been provided by Publons with comparison to other researchers. Ian James Martins is now in the 98th percentile as assessed for Publons users by merit. Dr Ian Martins is a reviewer for approx. 47 journals over the past 5 years.
INVITED CHAIR FOR INTERNATIONAL MEETINGS Chair: Vaccinology, Immunopathology, Immunotherapy, Immune Proteomics, Cancer and Tumour Oncology, 7th World Congress on Immunology, Amsterdam, Netherlands, April 19-20, 2018, Chair, Pipeline 1: Biotherapeutics for Diseases, Bit's 2nd International Congress of Biotherapy-2018 (Programme Committee Member), Chair and Advisory Board Member, Innovate Conferences 2017, Chair/Co-Chair at congress and conference series at the World Gene Convention-2016 (Shanghai, China, Pharmacology and Ethanopharmacology 2016 (Chicago, USA), Annual World Congress of Diabetes-2014 (Haikou, China), World Gene Convention-2014 (Haikou, China).
EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBER FOR APPROXIMATELY 50 INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
1. Annals of Neurodegenerative Disorders 2. International Journal of Diabetes Research 3. Annals of Obesity and Disorders 4. Research and Reveiws Neuroscience 5. SL Nutrition and Metabolism 6. EC Pharmacology and Toxicology 7. Journal of Ageing Research and Health Care 8. World Journal of Psychiatry and Mental Health Research 9. Journal of Food Studies 10. Gerontology and Geriatric Studies 11. Global Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism 12. Research in Chronic Diseases 13. Journal of Genetic Disorders 14. Journal of Diabetes and Clinical Studies 15. Annals of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 16. Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine 17. Academic Journal of Engineering Studies 18. Annals of Chemical Science Research 19. Journal of Gastrointestinal Disorders 20. Journal of Biochemistry Research 21. Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal 22. MDPI-Journals International Journal of Molecular Sciences, Nutrients, Proteomes Processes, Toxins, Diseases, Proteomes, New Multidisciplinary Journal Science 23. Annals of Review and Research 24. Novel Approaches in Drug Designing and Development 25. MOJ Immunology 26. MOJ Addictive Medicine and Therapy 27. Experimental Techniques in Urology and Nephrology 28. Clinical Journal of Diabetes Care and Control (CJDDC) 29. International Journal of Advances in Biology 30. Modern Approaches on Material Sciences 31. Advancements in Case Studies 32. CPQ Nutrition 33. Case Reports: Clinical, Medical and Surgical 34. International Journal of Aging 35. Journal of Studies on Diabetes 36. Neurology and Neurosurgery 37. Modern Clinical Medicine Research 38. Journal of Clinical Nephrology 39. Open Access Journal of Endocrinology 40. EC Nutrition 41. Novel Techniques in Nutrition and Food Science 42. Acta Scientific and Nutritional Health 43. CPQ Anaesthesia and Pain Management 44. CPQ Microbiology 45. Global Journal of Nutrition and Food Science 46. Journal of Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism 47. Anaesthesia and Critical care 48. American Journal of Biomedical Science and Research 49. Advances in Clinical Toxicology 50. AS Medical Sciences 51. Alzheimer’s Research and Therapy Open Access 52. Journal of Applied Science 53. Food Nutrition and Dietetics Open Access Journal 54. Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Open Access Journal 55. Journal of Population Therapeutics and Clinical Pharmacology 56. Journal of Biomarker and Drug Discovery